08/13/2021 - 08/27/2021
Fridays 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
CATC Art Studio
ADVANCED WATERCOLOR CLASS
INSTRUCTOR: Judy Ross (Friday mornings from 9:00 to 12:00 p.m.)
4-week class on Friday mornings 9-noon. (August 6,13,20,27)
You have now completed the beginning watercolor class. You have now completed the intermediate watercolor class. What next? The answer is easy…move onto the advanced watercolor class! Judy will help by stretching watercolor painting to new heights! She will do that with the use of Mixed media-Black Ink medium, Yupo, Brusho, use with inks. You will learn how to take old paintings and make them new again with the use of these techniques. Splash paint and see what appears! You will also do a more in depth study of negative painting composition. This adds more interest to your paintings. At this level, you will be able to bring out the true artist in yourself! What a great way to spend those HOT summer days in Arizona!
Costs for this class is $20 per session.
Registration opens July 23.
Class is limited to nine students.
- Masks are OPTIONAL for FULLY VACCINATED students;
- NOT VACCINATED students should wear a mask and maintain 6′ distancing
Paints: Winsor/Newton Professional Watercolors Brushes: Wash Brush- 1 1/2 Hake or Sable
- *New Gamboge (Yellow) Rigger Brush #2-5
- *French Ultramarine (Blue) Flat Square Brush-3/4 or 1 ” Angle Ended
- * Alizarin Crimson (Red) Round Brush #8
- Sepia Fan Brush
- Burnt Sienna Old oil brush/bristle brush
- Raw Sienna
- Sap Green
Paper: 140 lb. Cold Pressed ARCHES Winsor/Newton (Block is best for class)
- Water Jug/Tray
- Small and Large Masking Tape
- Paper Towels-Toilet Paper
- Natural Sponge
Any questions, please email Judy at: Judysjourneys.email@example.com or call at 760-310-3295.
This event is full.