Monday 07/05/2021 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
CATC Art Studio
Have you ever played around with charcoal? Did you try a few times but just didn’t get the knack of how to do things the right way? Maybe you have never picked up a piece of charcoal but you are still curious? Well…do we have a few classes for you! Unless you are brand new to FAPC, you know our instructor, our former president, Judy McCormick. She is going to conduct 3 (three) two-hour workshops on how to use charcoal. Charcoal has been a traditional medium of drawing for centuries and is a favorite because it produces bold and rich tones with high contrast. It can be erased and blended easily. You will predominantly use charcoal pencils and blend with a paint brush. These 3 sessions will focus on the techniques of using charcoal so it can be fun for the beginner as well as the experienced artist.
Week One: Introduction to materials and techniques for drawing with charcoal. Using charcoal draw a picture of flowers or plants.
Week Two: Drawing animals with charcoal will be this week’s focus.
Week Three: Drawing portraits or YOUR choice of a subject.
Price: $10 for a 2 hr. class
Time: Monday, July 5, 12, 19 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- MASKS are OPTIONAL for FULLY VACCINATED students; and
- NOT VACCINATED students should wear a mask and 6′ distancing.
- Charcoal Pencils: soft, medium and hard or sometimes called H, 2B and 4B
- One white charcoal pencil (I prefer General brand)
- A drawing pencil and Kneadable eraser and a white eraser (There are several charcoal drawings sets that will also work.)
- Several paint brushes (old ones work fine) Synthetic…not Bristle. Something around a Size 6 flat and a round. (We can provide brushes if you do not have any.)
- A mixed media sketchbook with paper at least 98 lb. However, if you are also doing the water soluble pencils, you might consider Strathmore series 400 mixed media paper, 140-184 lb. This comes in several colors, pick your favorite but NOT BLACK.
- Paper towels and kleenex
- A covering for the table
- Optional additions: Compressed charcoal sticks and blending stumps
Contact Judy at 928-830-5234 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or for further information.
To register, click on the SUBMIT button below. Your name, email and phone number will be sent to the instructor automatically, and you will receive a 'request received' email, followed by an email that your space is either confirmed or denied (if class is full). All classes you have registered for will be listed under "MY REGISTRATIONS" in the main menu (shown above if you are logged in). If you do not see the Register button, registrations are not open for this class yet, or the class has already begun and registrations are closed. YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO REGISTER. Go back to home page or activities list to find the login area. If you are not a member, you must join the club and request a website account before taking classes. Find out how under HOW TO.
This event is full.