How do I join the club?
There are two steps to join. First, complete and submit the waiver form required by Robson and the club. Once our membership coordinator has your signed form, you can register for an account on the website. If you request an account on the website before we have your waiver form, it will not be approved until your paperwork is complete.
How do I register on the website?
- Go to https://qcfapc.com (from here, just click Home on the menu bar)
- Just below the login area, you will see the word Register. Click it! Do NOT put info in the username and password fields. Just click Register.
- Fill in the form. Use your tab key to move easily from one area to the next.
- You have to enter your password and email twice, to reduce errors.
- We are asking for your phone number and email with your registration, because these will be sent to instructors when you sign up for a class. We are also using the online registration system to keep our membership directory.
- When done, click the Register button at the bottom of the form.
You will get TWO emails – the first will arrive quickly, and asks you to click a link to verify your email. If you don’t see it, check your spam folder for email from webmanager at qcfapc dot com. Mark it not spam, as emails from the club use that address.
Then WAIT. The membership coordinator will verify that you are a member of the club before activating your account. This is so that only club members will be able to enroll in classes and participate in the community features of the site. This second email is the one that notifies you that your account is active and that you can log in. It is normally complete within 48 hours of receiving your request, but please be patient. Please do not call the membership coordinator. Your request will be handled in a timely manner.
What kinds of things can I do on the site?
With the community features of the website, you can:
- Upload your artwork for others to see (and ask for feedback)
- Give constructive feedback and encouragement to others
- Join and participate in special interest groups (small number of groups now, but this can grow based on your input)
- Sign up for a space in Open Studios, Quick Draws, and Come & Try Its (first come first served)
- Register for a class (teachers confirm enrollment)
There is more to come…. we are introducing features gradually.
How do I upload photos?
You can post photos to your profile where any logged-in member can see and comment on it, or you can upload to a group, where only the members of that group can comment on it.
Upload to your own profile page:
1. From your profile page under “Stream” tab or from the activity stream (both under Community menu), click in the area that says “Say what is on your mind”.
2. Write your message
3. Click the small camera icon to select an image to upload.
4. Click where it says “Click here to start uploading photos”. Only .png, and .jpg are allowed, and there is a limit of 20 per day. Smaller sized images are appreciated to save storage, but don’t worry about it if you don’t know how to scale your images – the software will do some of that automatically.
5. To post to your own page, just click POST now (lower right corner of the area).
Upload to a GROUP:
Exactly the same as above, except before you click POST, click the little “group” icon to select where you want to post to. It is just to the left of the smiley face. It will open up a little box where you click “A Group”. Then a list of all the groups you belong to will appear. Pick the one where you want to post, and then click POST. You can’t post to a group unless you have joined it. OR, you can go to Community/Groups, click on your group, and load directly into the group from there.
How do I create an Album?
If you have artwork you want to group together into an album, you can do that. Maybe you want to have a separate album for different mediums, or maybe you want to group them by a trip you took. It’s up to you.
- Go to your profile page (Community/My Profile or click your name in the login area). That puts you in the “Stream” area where you can post individual photos.
- To create an album, click the Photos tab and you will see “Create Album”.
- It’s very similar to uploading individual photos – just keep uploading photos until you are done.
- Others will be able to see the photos in the order you load them. You can drag them around into the order you want after they are uploaded.
- Click Create Album when you are done.
Later, if you want to add more photos to your album, just go back to the Albums area, click the one you want, and then “Add Photos”.
How do I change my profile settings?
- Go to your profile page either from the top menu under Community/My Profile or by clicking your name in the login area after you’ve logged in.
- Click “About”
- There are settings under different tabs — Preferences, Notifications, About
- Under Notifications, you can change your Email Intensity to daily, weekly, or never. Please do not set it to less than daily, as this uses excessive server resources.
How do I change my profile picture or profile background image?
- Go to your profile page (after you log in, click your name when it appears in the same area), click the round “blank image” to the left of your name. Upload your picture. Crop (and Save Thumbnail) if necessary. Click Done.
- Cover Image update: click in the upper right of the colorful background on your profile page. Upload – similar to above.
How do I find and enroll in classes and workshops?
Classes are for members only and are longer than 2 sessions. Workshops and Come & Try Its are open to all Quail Creek residents.
To find an activity, go to the menu bar and hover over the Activities menu item. You will see Calendar, which will give you a month by month view, and Activities List, which gives you a list of activities in the next couple of months.
In either view, you can click on the name of the event to get detailed information and register or sign up. If you have questions, contact info for the instructor can be found on the event page.
- Registrations typically open 4 to 6 weeks in advance. When they are open, you will see a “Register” button at the bottom of the event page. You must be logged on to register.
- Class registrations require teacher approval before you are officially enrolled. This can take a few days – please be patient. Enrollments are generally taken first-come-first-served but there are situations where some experience is required, so the instructor may contact you before admitting you.
- When you register, you are normally registering for the entire series – so if a class is 6 weeks long, you are signing up for all 6 weeks.
- You’ll receive an email saying your registration request has been received. Once admitted, you’ll get a confirmation email. If the class is full and you aren’t admitted, you receive an email about that too. If someone drops out, you might be admitted later.
Workshops and Come & Try Its (And Open Studios)
- These types of events are open to anyone, so the signup is simple – just go to the page and enter your name on the signup sheet.
- Only your first name and last initial will appear on the list, but the person hosting the event will have your full name.
- You’ll get a reminder email 3 days before the event. If you can’t make it, please remove your name so that someone else can take your space.
Does the website work on a smartphone or tablet?
Yes, everything works but the layout is different on small screens. On tablets, you might prefer viewing in landscape mode.
The biggest difference is that the login area is harder to find. You have to scroll down on the home page past the main content. This is because everything that appears in the right sidebar is moved down past the main content. There will be a fix for this in the future. For now, just scroll down to log in.
The other difference is that the menu bar does not appear across the top of the page, but looks like a small black square with 3 horizontal white lines. It’s called a hamburger in web-design-speak. It looks like this: